What is a Nanny??
A nanny is a loving and devoted individual whose workplace is in a family’s private home. A nanny can be employed part time or full time and may also live in the family’s house. She/he becomes partners with the parents to nurture their children. They plan activities and outings that meet the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the child in accordance with parents’ direction. Our nanny’s are willing to make at least a one year commitment with the right family. They are willing to work with children in areas such as potty training, social skills, early childhood education and more. Some typical duties of a nanny include: Bottle feeding and preparation of meals for the children, caring for a sick child, doing the children’s laundry, escorting the children on play dates and outings, assisting school age children with homework, occasional travel and overnight stay, keeping a daily journal, maintaining a clean environment for play, driving the children to and from after school activities and appointments, etc. Our nannies are experienced and are expected to be paid $12-$20 per hour. This range reflects the nannies years of experience, the number of children he/she is caring for and the circumstances in which the family needs care.
- They must be at least 21 years of age and have their high school diploma
- Have a valid PA driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Be up to date on criminal and child abuse clearances
- Be CPR certified or willing to achieve upon hire
- Have 3 childcare references
- Have at least 3 years of nanny experience
- Hold a face to face interview with a Preferred Nanny agent
- Complete an extensive application process